Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Lights, camera, action: Part 2

So there I was sticking and steaming and I sooo curious. I sneaked out and peaked. It all looked amazing and yes, glamorous, but jeez, it took for freaking ever to get one shot right. The only thing I knew of shoots was what I saw on TV; models putting their hands behind their head, on their hips, pouting, camera flashes. Cringe, cringe, cringe! I had NO idea. Good looking but moody Photographer and Scary Beauty Editor looked at the pictures on Photographers computer. I was so excited that I opened my mouth and made a comment, an innocent comment, but a HUGE mistake. All of a sudden everyone was quiet and Scary Beauty Editor looked at me with dismay and said: “You just go back to your little room and do whatever it is you do, steam or something.” I was devastated and had to fight back the tears. Valuable lesson I learnt that day: when you are an intern or assistant zip it, shut up, your opinion does not count; you should be seen and not heard!

2 comments: